Accepting the nomination comes with these conditions:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
The nominating part is pretty much impossible for me, alas, because I read just a handful of really brilliant Sim blogs and as far as I can tell every one of them has been nominated already. But I’ll answer the questions I was given and again, thank you so much for nominating me, I feel like a super important star or something. 😀
First I’ll answer the questions I received from Emma:
1. What do you find most gratifying about sharing your Sims’ stories?
I love the fact that other people get to see what happens in my hood, that we share our hood and our imagination with each other. And I always love to share what I write, I’ve been in various fandoms since I was 17 and I love getting input and feedback from others and give it in turn. And blogging about my sims has been a great way of fuelling and maintaining my interest for the game.
2. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to do in the Sims but never got around to?
Since I’ve been sloppy with my backups I’ve never seen a hood go from 0 to generation… five or something.
3. What’s one thing you’ve read that has changed your way of experiencing or understanding life?
I started reading heavy stuff when I was about 13, both classical literature and philosophy/political books. The Second Sex was one of those eye-openers and altered my brain forever. I could never not be a feminist after that.
4. How do you manage to keep up with reading all the blogs that you read?
Oh, I don’t. I binge-read them when I have the time.
5. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
The sharing part, hands down. I like reading about other simmers’ hood and I like knowing that they read mine.
6. What is your favorite Sim game (1, 2, 3 or 4) and favorite expansion?
Sims 2, no doubt. I like most expansions (except pets) but I’ve always been fond of OFB because I like crafting in every game.
7. What music inspires you?
A bit of this and that. I listen to podcasts when I’m gaming so I don’t usually hear a lot of music, but for titles and the occasional “theme song” or “soundtrack” I steal and borrow from lots of places.
8. What do you hope to express in your Sims stories?
As with all my writing, I want to explore human relationships and humans, basically. It sounds really pretentious when it’s about pixel people in a pixel hood, but hey. 🙂
9. What’s one of the funniest things that has happened to you or your Sims while Simming?
I think one of the most entertaining things I’ve done in the Sims is to share a hood with my sister, ages ago. We played Sims 1 and 2 pretty obsessively when we were in our late teens and took turns with our hood. It created A LOT of drama even without the ACR, let me tell you. We also managed to procrastinate quite often and on some occasions the time limit for naming your baby ran out (in TS1, I think, I don’t think it does that in TS2) so several of the kids in our hood were called Baby Boy and Baby Girl.
10. What inspires you to continue Simming and blogging when you think about stopping?
I keep seeing all these amazing stories, buildings and turns of events that other sim bloggers come up with and somehow it always manages to drag me out of my hiatus. And I’ve had quite a few of them over the years.
11. What else would you like to share with us that I haven’t asked?
I’m having a lot on my plate with RL right now so if I don’t reply or read or get back to you in some other way, it’s not you, it’s definitely me. 🙂
And then Maisie’s:
1. What is your favorite part of your sims & your neighborhood?
I’ve just started over since I lost my last hood (woe is me for I loved River’s Bend) so right now my favourite part is how fresh it all feels. Anything can happen!
2. What are you really good at, be in regards to the game, real life, work, anything?
I’m a really good strategist. I spot structures and overarching themes and I am very good at improving them or getting them to work. This unfortunately means I get some tasks at work that are less than thrilling, such as scheduling the library staff.
Both my husband and my former boss think I would have made an excellent General, LOL.
3. How do you relax or unwind after a trying day?
Hang out with the husband and kid, though the kid is 2 so she’s not exactly the epitome of relaxing at the moment. When she’s gone to bed we both typically relax by gaming, reading or working out. Right now I am on a Star Wars: The Old Republic binge.
4. Favorite vacation or vacation you’d love to take?
I’ve been to several amazing European capital cities with the husband. It’s our favourite kind of trip – five days right in the middle of a big city, doing urban safari and visiting museums and churches and old buildings.
5. What projects do you have planned or hope to accomplish for your game?
I want to see what happens in my hood, basically. I’m curious about a lot of things and constantly get new ideas for things I could do to/with the sims living there.
6. How large is your sims CC folder?
8 GB right now. I think I have some kind of limit around 10 GB but ideally it would be much smaller, of course. I just love my CC too much.
7. What is your blogging and playing process? (Write first, plan, play first…)
For some households I have an idea as soon as I make the hood schedule. Then that plan often change, but that’s another story. I play when I have the chance. Sometimes I get to play for hours and if that’s the case I can go through two or three households. Sometimes I only have the time to build/decorate something or take a few photos.
I write when I’m done playing the household and I typically write fast. I prefer to stock up on scheduled updates since I play maybe once a week or less.
8. What is your favorite family tradition ether now, or from childhood?
I come from a pretty laid-back family and have started a similar one of my own, so we’re not overly big on traditions. We have them, though. Midsummer, for example, we always anti-celebrate because it’s such a big fuss over here and we don’t do big angst-inducing holidays so we get together with equally anti-celebration friends and have a good time.
9. Where do you find your inspiration for buildings (community/residential) that you build/decorate?
I suck at architecture and have no spatial intelligence at all, so I get my inspiration from other simmers and tumblr, basically. I can’t see a house IRL and recreate it in sims, it ends up looking like a box. I’m much better at decorating, though, and I get inspiration for that mainly from RL. Love me a decent spot of vintage and second hand shops.
10. Favorite pizza toppings?
Tuna, red onion and feta cheese, forever.
11. What’s your favorite season in real life and in the sims game?
I like summer when it’s not too hot and winter when it’s not too cold so I’ll go with autumn, IRL. In game I prefer spring and summer.
The nominating part is pretty much impossible for me, alas, because I read just a handful of really brilliant Sim blogs and as far as I can tell every one of them has been nominated already.